Sunday, November 25, 2012

God

God is so aware. My best friend got baptized yesterday. Before that I had been doing a lot of reminiscing and thinking back on my life and how it's changed, particularly in the last year. And then today, during relief society, miss Lindsay taught a splendid lesson from elder holland's talk.

So as part of the lesson, Lindsay did what a lot of teachers do and handed out quotes from the talk for girls to read. And here's where my life changed. Quote read by my dear coach Auna about halfway through the lesson:

"I testify from the bottom of my heart, with the intensity of my soul, to all who can hear my voice that those apostolic keys have been restored to the earth, and they are found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. To those who have not yet joined with us in this great final cause of Christ, we say, 'please come.' To those who were once with us but have retreated, preferring to pick and choose a few cultural hors d'oeuvres from the smorgasbord of the Restoration and leave the rest of the feast, I say that I fear you face a lot of long nights and empty nets. The call is to come back, to stay true, to love God, and to lend a hand. I include in that call to fixed faithfulness every returned missionary who ever stood in a baptismal font and with arm to the square said, 'Having been commissioned of Jesus Christ.' That commission was to have changed your convert forever, but it was surely supposed to have changed you forever as well. To the youth of the church rising up to missions and temples and marriage, we say: 'love God and remain clean from the blood and sins of this generation. You have a monumental work to do, underscored by that marvelous announcement President Thomas S. Monson made yesterday morning. Your Father in Heaven expects your loyalty and your love at every stage of your life.'"

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment