Sunday, March 18, 2012

Missions

So I am extremely blessed.  I live about 5 hours driving distance away from my mission, and this last weekend I was able to stop by while I went down to dear Courtney Bradshaw's mission farewell.  I also got to go to the LA temple visitor's center, which I am counting for now as going to that temple.  So that makes 4 out of 7 CA temples visited this year so far. 

I love love love love love my mission.  And loved it.  I love the people there.  I love the families that I worked with and taught.  I loved being able to see some of them at the ward that I was able to stop by on Sunday.  I love seeing how they've grown in the gospel.  And how I've grown since being a missionary there. 

I love my friends.  I have the greatest friends who always have the right thing to say at the right time, including extremely timely texts saying that they miss me.  I love how in tune with the spirit they are.  I love their examples to me.  They are marvelous souls and I miss them. 

I also love my new friends that I am making.  Tis a process, but people are real nice, and I'm constantly trying to get outside my bubble to make new friends :)

And my family is the best ever ever ever.  They have supported me 300 percent in my move out here and I could never thank them enough. 

So while I might miss the mission, and some days like today I might want to just put in my papers again and leave again...I remember that that is not my plan in life right now.  I chatted with my awesome new Bishop today and was reminded of the need for patience....something I am constantly working on.  Heavenly Father knows me.  And you.  And He wants us to be happy.  So here is my favorite video of the moment.  Brought to you courtesy of my dear friend/home teacher for life, Austen Weeks. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing your blog. I love it and I love you. You inspire me in so many ways. I am so glad that you are my daughter and I can say that!

    ReplyDelete