Sunday, August 5, 2012

Crazies

I've been thinking a bit this week about crazy people.  Maybe because I have some in my life.  But I was thinking about what makes crazy people crazy.  I had a roommate at one point in college who I called my crazy psycho roommate.  I have kids who come into the gym who are CRAZY.  I have parents who come in who are on a whole different level of crazy.  Then I have acquaintances etc. who are crazy.  And this is the conclusion I have come to.

The number one reason that I think people (including myself) act crazy is because they don't know and trust in God's plan and timing.

Example 1:  I had a parent today at a birthday party who was one of those helicopter moms and her child was an 8 year old boy.  in a gymnastics gym.  and she was trying to keep him from doing anything.  good luck sweetie.  but I think if she knew what life was about, she would understand that her child needs to experience things for himself.  part of life is making mistakes and growing, and what a better place to make a mistake than in a fully padded gym meant for little kids.

Example 2:  Crazy psycho roommate.  She had an understanding of God's plan.  She was one of the most giving people I've ever met in my life.  So incredibly nice, and very upfront in her communication.  I learned loads and loads from her that semester.  However, I think that she was missing some of that trust, as we all at times in life do.  Last I checked she's super happy now though so that's good :)

Example 3:  Crazy kids.  Let's take my friend J that I talked about last post.  This one is on me, thinking that he was crazy.  So often at the gym, these kids come in with different lives, and situations.  But I have found with every single crazy that I have had come in, give them a couple weeks and you'll feel that love for them.  And then they're still crazy, but you are the one who understands the plan more.  And then they learn more from you.

Example 4:  Sometimes, people get irritated when they aren't dating.  hahaha.  Sometimes people get a little desperate and act a little (or a lot) crazy.  Makes me laugh.  But it's crazy.  And I admit, I have at times acted crazy when it comes to this sort of thing.  But the thing to remember, as always, is God.  He's great.  He knows what He is doing.  You don't have to rush anything or get all crazy.  It'll happen with His timing.

Which brings me to the conclusion.  I am so incredibly blessed it's ridiculous.  I have the best job on the planet.  Spectacular coworkers and bosses.  Amazing kids who teach me daily.  Wonderful roommates.  Fun friends.  Perfect parents.  US Women's gymnastics winning the team gold.  Gabby Douglas winning the individual all-around.  Life is grand.  Couldn't ask for a better one myself :)

No comments:

Post a Comment