Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Changes

Sometimes life changes. We change. I change. I was talking to one of my best friends about this the other day. I have changed so so much in the past year. For the better. I've learned a bit about myself. And more about what I want out of life.

Throughout my mission and when I came home one of the things that people would always ask was, what did you learn on your mission? Or what is the biggest lesson that you have learned? And my most common answer that I remember is that I learned how involved God is in each one of our lives. Everyday. Every part. Everyone. Now it's almost been three years since I've come home... And I've seen this even more in my life. On my mission I saw how missionaries were used as tools to touch other people's lives for God at just the time when they are needed.

And while on occasion I feel I am sometimes used that way, I see now somewhat of a grander plan. I've been molded in the past year. There have been times that have been pretty rough. There have been times that have been pretty lonely. There have been times that have been pretty busy. There have been times that I have felt pretty stressed, or frustrated, or irritated, or disappointed (with myself at times, with others at other times).

But one thing that I know is that God has been there watching out for me and helping me all along the way. To be where I need to be. And who I need to be. I'm not by any means perfect, but I am extremely blessed. God leads us to happiness. Every. Single. Time. Whether it's a text from a friend you haven't heard from in a while, or a hug from a little kid in class, or an email from a family member about something ridiculous, or a boy who makes you feel like a million bucks every day. As long as we're trying, God will always always always let us feel his love and help us to find joy. We have to look for it. And strive for it. And sometimes He's so awesome to give us tastes of it without our work. But imagine how great it's gonna be when we reach the other side if these little bits of happiness are just tastes of what we could have....life is grand my friends. God is great. Keep it up. It's worth it. I promise.

1 comment: