Monday, December 31, 2012

California

It's been a year since I packed up all my belongings in a car and moved to a place where I knew practically no one.  Let's review my goals I made on my solo car ride....
1)  Pay my own taxes.  (daddy has always done it...now I get to be a big girl this year :))
2)  Go to see a movie by myself.
3)  Go somewhere cool off my bucket list.  (well probably at least two places cause San Fran is on my list and I will most certainly be doing that, but somewhere else in addition.)
4)  Read all 7 Harry Potter books again now that I have the set :)
5)  Go to all the temples in California.  (made it to 5/7)
6)  Visit Rexburg at least once.
7)  Learn how to cook with all the different spices on my spice rack.
8)  Once I get a place in Cali, and my parents come to visit and bring my sewing machine, I would like to sew a dress.  and a halloween costume.  I want a sweet halloween costume this year.  

Not too shabby.  I have a feeling this year is gonna be a grand one.  This past one was a grand one.  Talk about having the opportunity to learn and grow.  Some extra things I accomplished not on my list from last year:
1) Go to 2 best friend's weddings.
2) Full time job with benefits where I've learned tons about myself.
3) Met lots of people, some of whom have and will continue to change my life.
4) Went to the olympic trials front row (thanks to Dave :))
5) Became RS Pres in my ward here...
6) Free tickets to the circus and disney on ice
7) Tour of Champions where I got to meet the olympic gymnasts (thanks mom and dad :))
8) Met the awesomest guy, who for some reason thinks I'm pretty awesome too ;)

Life is grand.  Christmas at home has been wonderful.  My parents got me a tandem bike.  I'm stoked.  I've got to see and spend time with my brothers and their families.  I also have gotten the overwhelming confirmation that I am where I'm supposed to be right now in life, which is such a comforting feeling.  God knows what's up.  He's got a plan.  Just gotta trust and life is the best :)  Happy New Year's Eve my friends :)

1 comment: