Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Difference


If you want to make a difference in the world, you have to be different from the world.- Elaine Dalton.

I have so many homes.  This weekend, my parents are coming into town from Boston.  I bought my tickets to fly home to utah/idaho to see my favorite souls there in July.  And this past weekend, I was able to go down to Anaheim to see my favorite souls of my mission.  And now San Jose is starting to feel like home.  I think people make the home.  And as people touch my life, they become part of my home.

I explained to a guy I was dating once about my philosophy of favorite souls.  I have several favorite souls in my life.  Rather than best friends, I have favorite souls.  And what is a favorite soul you ask?  Just that.  Someone who has become one of my favorite people in world to be friends with, to hang with, to play with, serve with, talk with.  Someone who I know would do ANYTHING for me, and I would do anything for them.  Anything to help them be happy.  I hurt when they hurt.

And how does one become a favorite soul?  As I have looked at my list of favorite souls, they're people who have helped me through hard things in my life.  People who see me for me.  Who know I have weaknesses, and help me to become better.  They call me out when I'm being dumb, and guide me towards being the best person I can be.

So thank you.  Thank you to my favorite souls.  People who have made a difference in my world and home.  Much appreciated.  Love each and every one of you.

2 comments:

  1. I love you! I can't wait to see you in July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this 'favorite souls' thing. Provides a nice place outside of the over used 'best friends' thing; making it even more special, I'm sure, to you. =O)

    ReplyDelete