Thursday, May 3, 2012

Stickers.

Little kids love stickers.  And stamps.  And as part of our ending ritual for classes at gymnastics, we give stamps.  one on each foot and one on each hand.  The kids LOVE them.  Even more beloved than the stamps, are the stickers.  And those are for special occasions, when the kids are good listeners, or when it's a special theme week or something of the like.

So my work schedule is changing a bit, and I'm now going to be coaching more of a variety of classes, rather than all preschool all day every day.  But along with that, I am losing some of my preschool classes, including my all-time favorite Thursday 4:30 Tumble Tots class.  Ever since my first week here, this class has been my favorite (I know I know, you're not supposed to have favorites, but I do and I'm not going to pretend like I don't).

Anyways, so this class has seven 4-5 year olds who are extremely gifted and they know it.  I get to push them every week and it's a blast and a half.  And as I said before, my schedule is changing so today was my last class with them :(

Now for the cute story of the day:  I told them at the end of the class as I was handing out stickers for their being so awesome that I wasn't going to be their coach anymore.  I got huge hugs from them.  And I might have started to tear up cause it was just so dang cute!  And then one of the girls, takes her coveted sticker from off her shirt and she sticks it on mine and goes thanks coach annie!  this is for you for being the best coach!

Kids are grand.  My job is the best.  Love it.  Love life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment